Solved

Cloned a flow and the clone isn't displaying dynamic content

• 1 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge

Hi all,

I'm setting up an Abandoned Cart email flow and am having a problem with the product image and name display. They're not showing up.

Here's what I've done, and tried:

I have an Abandoned Checkout flow already set up. It has a bunch of conditions in it (eg., if # of items in cart = X then offer discount Y) that I want to re-use in my Abandoned Cart email flow.

So I cloned my Abandoned Checkout flow. Then I created a new flow using Klaviyo's Abandoned Cart flow template (I'm on Shopify and I had already prepped my Shopify and Klaviyo accounts to track abandoned carts).

I created the Abandoned Cart flow so that I could grab any dynamic variables and directives in that flow and apply them in the cloned Abandoned Checkout flow.

I made sure to change the trigger set-up in the cloned flow so that it matched the trigger set-up from the Abandoned Cart flow.

Then I started to edit the emails in the cloned flow paying attention to the dynamic variables in the Abandoned Cart flow and swapping those into the cloned emails.

For example, the Abandoned Cart flow uses {{ event.ImageURL }} to display the image that was in the cart. So I copied that over to my cloned flow.

The problem: When I preview emails in my cloned flow, the product image and name don't display.

If I preview an email in the Abandoned Cart flow, the product image and name do display. 

The cloned flow uses the exact same variables as the Abandoned Cart flow and the leading trigger is the same. So why won't the event.ImageURL and event.Name display?

Appreciate help with this - thanks!

icon

Best answer by LB3000 1 February 2024, 19:34

View original

2 replies

Badge

Hey - I figured it out! 

In case this is useful to anyone else - 

I noticed that the display of event.ImageURL and event.Name in the Abandoned Cart flow uses a split block, not a table block. 

So I deleted the table that was a hold-over from the cloned Abandoned Checkout flow emails, and added a split block. I then just used a dynamic variable -- {{ event.ImageURL }} - for the image display in the split block. And I used {{ event.Name }} in the text display to show the product name dynamically.

Works!

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Glad you were able to get it sorted out @LB3000, and welcome to the community!

~ Gabrielle