Solved

Cloning Flows to another account

• 27 December 2022
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi! We are currently looking to split our brand into two separate accounts for two separate target audiences, Account A and Account B. Currently, we are primarily working in Account A, marketing to both audiences through it and using segments to keep our campaigns, flows, and segments/profiles separate. We currently already have Account B started, but we haven’t transitioned the flows or emails intended for Account B over from Account A yet. 

My first question is: when I clone a flow from Account A to Account B, will the flow automatically send to emails that are subscribers to Account B upon cloning? (Account B is connected to another domain under the same brand as Account A)

Additionally, we will eventually be importing contacts from Account A that are meant for Account B over to Account B in the near future. My second question is: once we import these contacts from A to B, will customers/subscribers who overlap re-enter the same flow automatically upon importing since we’ve cloned the flow? They have already received the flow prior to the transfer, so I want to make sure we aren’t walking thousands of subscribers into a repeat flow process. 

Hoping this makes sense, and I appreciate any help in understanding this. Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Dov 28 December 2022, 15:23

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @lynsey_crew,

Thanks for sharing this question with us.

To address your first question, the answer is no, Klaviyo will not automatically start sending emails to subscribers in account B upon cloning. This is because when a flow is cloned between accounts, all the flow email statuses by default will be in draft mode. When a message is in draft, nobody will be scheduled to receive it.

For the same reason as above, the subscribers won’t receive the cloned version of the flow. Just ensure you re-import these contacts into account B before turning the cloned flow email statuses to live mode. This is because If you clone, turn the cloned flow(s) live and then import the users to a list that triggers the cloned flow(s), they will receive the flow again in account B. So in short, you should first clone the flow(s), then import the contacts, and finally update the flow email statuses from draft to live mode as the final step.

I hope that’s helpful and thanks for being a community member.