Solved

Collecting feedback from inactive subscribers

• 22 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I’d like to create a win-back / reactivation series for customers who have stopped opening emails. 

One thing I’d really like to understand is why they have stopped opening in the emails. 

What is the best way to collect this feedback from customers? Is it possible to insert a form or poll?

Thanks

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 22 August 2023, 16:47

View original

4 replies

Badge +1

Sure. You can make a survey at https://www.qualtrics.com/ for free. You need to pay i f i remember correctly to send data directly to klaviyo. Probaly can do this with Zapier also. You can also use typeforms but they are a little bit pricey for me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Welcome to the community @gemmatoys 

Good info @Mail-Marketing

I’ve not used Qualtrics. I like typeform as it has a great integration with Klaviyo (no coding) and all response data is captured against a profile. Typeform does have a free trial plan.

Of course you could create a Klaviyo web-embedded form to capture the info. Again, no coding required and no cost.

The Typeform survey approach does have a benefit that I don’t believe a Klaviyo web form solution offers: the recipient doesn’t need to enter their email address for the response to be captured against their profile (you can pass their email in the link to the Typeform survey). Given these recipients are not engaged, one less step may uplift responses. It also avoids a contact entering a different email address to the one you have for them in Klaviyo which would create a duplicate profile.

Obviously, a key consideration is that they have stopped opening your emails!  

Have your reviewed your email deliverability?  Good article here.

You’ll likely need some incentive for them to open the one asking for feedback. Prize-draw, discount offer etc? And test subject lines on smaller samples to see what works best before a full send.

Hope that helps

Regards

Andy

Userlevel 7
Badge +29

Hi @gemmatoys 

Thanks for posting your question in the community. 

To the point that @bluesnapper commented above, there are many ways to collect customer feedback through Klaviyo or other forms, but at the core of the problem, in order to collect any feedback, you need customers to interact with your business.

If they have stopped opening emails, you could try sending a email with an incentive, but depending on how long they’ve unengaged with your business, you should expect low response rates.

Soo, you could start surveying recently subscribed contacts to get their feedback earlier. Rather than wait until they haven’t opened an email for 180 days, start emailing contacts who haven’t opened in the last 60 days, or 45 days after their last engagement. You can start to survey what types of content they want to hear more from you so you can start to adjust your strategies. 

You can also look at other channels to try and collect information...

Have these customers every purchased from you? While this would be manual, the best way to get honest feedback, would be to call them directly, if you have their contact info. As a person from the company, a customer may feel extra special they received a call, and that your business directly wanted to hear from them. You’ll likely get truly honest feedback and you’d likely be able to sample a much smaller segment of contacts to get the insights you need to make changes.

Alternative, if you have their SMS consent, some people just prefer one channel over the other. If they’ve stopped opening emails, you may be able to contact them via SMS for feedback. This could be done a couple of ways: Send them a link to a survey, or prompt them to respond to the SMS message. 

Another interesting approach might be through direct mail. Klaviyo has some power integrations, of which, one of them is PostPilot. You can create segments in Klaviyo, tie them to a flow, and the message step would be to send a post card.

While you may not be able to get much of a response from people who have already churned, you can start to implement some of these tactics earlier in your process to a.) keep them from churning, or b.) collect their info before earlier to show them you care about their business and you want to make improvement before they’d consider churning.

I hope this helps!

@In the Inbox 

Badge +1

Thanks all, some really good advice.