Solved

Complete the Look Feed

• 5 December 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2
  • Active Contributor I
  • 11 replies

Hello Klaviyo Community

I’m trying to find an article with this exact use case when setting up product feeds.

Let’s say customer purchases product 1 in red, what would be the best way to show products in the same category also in red? When setting up product feeds based on collections, there may be related products but in other colors. I wanted to show related products in the same color.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 6 December 2023, 14:43

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @jtao23 

Thanks for asking a great question about your product feed based on color.

Unfortunately, variation info like color are usually nested within the product information and not stored in your Klaviyo catalog, so you won't be able to filter by colors, unless the item name is completely different per variation. 

Sorry this wasn’t the answer you were looking for but hope this helps.

Badge +2

Hey @jtao23 

Thanks for asking a great question about your product feed based on color.

Unfortunately, variation info like color are usually nested within the product information and not stored in your Klaviyo catalog, so you won't be able to filter by colors, unless the item name is completely different per variation. 

Sorry this wasn’t the answer you were looking for but hope this helps.

Hey @stephen.trumble Thanks again for your input! Got it. That makes sense. Ya, been trying to figure out how best to show complementary products based on the product you purchased or are looking to buy.

Another use case is being able to show product information in an Abandon Cart based on the product you’re viewing. So the product info in the email would be dynamic to the item in cart. Any advice on this use case?

Thanks again! Appreciate the response and help.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Heyy @jtao23 

Have you checked out this help center doc on using product feeds? There are a couple option that may work for your use case: create a product feed based on “products a customer has recently viewed” or “products a customer may also like”. If neither of these option work, you could also think about setting up a custom catalog. Check out the docs I linked here to see what would be best for your business and needs!