Solved

Conditional split based on product's collection or tag in cart

• 1 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I have a Shopify abandoned cart flow that offers a discount code. The problem is that we have some products that are excluded from discounts. Is there a way to do a conditional split in the flow that looks at the product’s collection or tags? In other words, if a customer has a product from the ‘eligible for discounts’ collection in their cart, they would proceed in the flow, otherwise exit. I’ve been searching and searching for this but not getting anywhere, so any help would be appreciated!

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 2 October 2023, 07:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@protohominid 

I think what you need here is trigger split (because trigger split will help you look what they had in the cart when they triggered this flow). So just do a trigger split and it will be automatically for started checkout metric. Just need to pick collection and for example say Doesn’t equal that collection for no discount. 

Why doesn’t equal, because I assume that if it has products from that collection and some other products to you still want to send them the discount.

In case that you don’t want to send discount to people who have that collection products no matter if they have other products or not then instead of doesn’t equal you can say doesn’t contain..

Badge

@Bobi N.  - Thank you for your help, I was able to add a trigger split to separate out the carts. I did a couple tests with one-product carts and it appears to be working. Not sure about every situation that might arise, but we’ll see! Thanks again!