Solved

Conditional split configuration 'contains'

• 8 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +4

Hi guys, I’m trying to configure my 2+ post-purchase flow so it is when someone has a checkout success with a cart that CONTAINS a specific product, as I have in my normal post purchase flow flows, however, it seems to be automatically set to EQUALS instead, how do I set it to contains, or if it is set to EQUALS, will it still work if other  product variations were in the cart? Thanks!

(This is a custom API, not shopify)

icon

Best answer by David To 9 December 2022, 16:44

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @brewcrew,

Glad to see you back in the Community!

I think this would all depend on how your custom Checkout Success event is built. Since the event seems to be defaulting to using an “equals” logic, I would assume this data is in a text data type format. Hence, why you don’t have the “contains” logic available. 

This means that it would be passing only one set of data points. Only Checkout Success events that only equal “Eterno” would be filtered down the YES path. 

My colleague, @alex.hong explained this a bit in the Community posts below that I think would be helpful to review:

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +4

Hey @brewcrew,

Glad to see you back in the Community!

I think this would all depend on how your custom Checkout Success event is built. Since the event seems to be defaulting to using an “equals” logic, I would assume this data is in a text data type format. Hence, why you don’t have the “contains” logic available. 

This means that it would be passing only one set of data points. Only Checkout Success events that only equal “Eterno” would be filtered down the YES path. 

My colleague, @alex.hong explained this a bit in the Community posts below that I think would be helpful to review:

I hope this helps!

David

Hi Daivd, thanks  for you reply, interestingly I’m given the option to have the cart as  ‘contains’ for when the flow filter is set to checkout success is equal to one:

It’s only in the next flow where the checkout success is equal to two where it is set to ‘equals’

So the aim here is to have the customer only  receive the email if both of their carts have never contained eterno, does the custom event need to be changed to do this?

Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @brewcrew,

I don’t think having the “contains” filter available has anything to do with having your flow filter set to checkout success is equal to one. Instead, I think the difference here is that you’re using a trigger split as opposed to a conditional split before. 

When using a conditional split with an event filter, the data type is automatically recognized. Whereas, when using a trigger split, because an event isn’t necessarily defined, you’ll need to manually select the data type and the condition. Hence why you’re seeing the “type” option along with the available option to select other filter logics. 

If your even’t data type truly is text, it wouldn’t matter if you’re using the “contains” or “equal” logic as it would return the same results. The difference here though is that if the data type was in a list format, then you’ll need to use the contains logic since equals wouldn’t fully encapsulate the rule. 

I would still go back to suggesting reviewing your custom event yourself to make the determination to see what the event’s metadata types are in. If you need help with this, I would highly recommend working alongside your developer in reviewing the custom event. 

David