Solved

Conditional Split for Post Purchase New vs Returning

• 19 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi Klaviyo Community,

I'm busy building a post-purchase flow that has one conditional split to differentiate between new and repeat customers (see image 1) and a 2nd conditional split for returning customers, depending on which collection they have just purchased from Tents or Accessories (see image 2 - as this will determine what incentive is offered in the email).

Does the conditional split in image 2 look correct or is there a better way to do it? 

Thanks,

Rox

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 20 June 2023, 07:29

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@smileyrox 

The conditional split “Placed order equals 1 over all time” is correct.. Yes path would be one time purchasers while No path would be returning customers.

But your split about collection is not 100% correct even though it will probably still work correct most of the time.. The better way to set this up to know if they placed an order in specific collection this time when they started this specific flow you should use Trigger Split instead. Trigger split will show you what they bought exactly this time when they triggered this flow while the conditional split is looking in the customers account and checking according to the conditions that you set up. Since you set it to check just for 1 day I guess that would still work fine if you set it at the beginning of the flow but its always safer to use trigger split for these things.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @Bobi N. 

Really appreciate your guidance. I hadn’t played with trigger splits in the past - you’ve changed that. Thank you! 

Warm regards,

Rox