Skip to main content
Solved

Conditional Split for Previous steps inside a flow

• 17 July 2024
  • 2 replies

I want to do a conditional split inside of a flow where the users who clicked the previous message get seperated so I can update their profile. I cannot figure out how this would work with Klaviyo’s current setup.

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi @billycristal3 

Thanks for the question.

So to understand further, are you wanting to manually update their profile, or automated based on something they have clicked within the email? 

If you want to update their profile based on a link clicked, you could use the ‘update profile link’ feature. So for example if I received an email about holiday preferences, and I clicked a link to say I loved camping, I would have that saved on my profile.  More Information here

If you want to split the flow based on if they clicked on the flow you can add a step in your flow with a conditional split = have clicked on the flow. If you then wanted to update anyones property after that step, you can add the ‘profile property update’ action

If neither of these answers would work for you, then please do reply with a little more detail and me or another community champion can help you work it out.

Victoria

Badge

Thanks for the response. I guess both of these solutions would work, for context, we are sending out a gated content email so I want to update a users profile with the boolean value if they clicked and downloaded the gated content. 

I was attempting to do the second version you mentioned, however I could not get the flow I was in to show up on the filter settings when filtering by the action ‘clicked flow’ ; not sure if this is a bug or not.