Solved

Conditional Split Not Working as it Should

• 22 January 2024
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello, 

Thank you guys for always being so helpful on here. Here is my current situation: 

For my current abandoned checkout flow, I have set up a conditional trigger to group customers into the flow based on the value of their cart at checkout, but I don’t think it is working as it should. See more below: 

The Flow and Trigger (trigger image below)

This evening, we had a $2k order, and i noticed that the customer was getting emails that came from the “No” flow.

First Email they received:

Really appreciate all your help and support in getting this fixed,

Thank you, 

icon

Best answer by Adam Ragsdale 22 January 2024, 21:21

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @Kenedy,

Is it possible that when they started the checkout, their cart was below the threshold, so they went down the “no” path, but then after the first hour, or after receiving the first email, they went back and added more to the cart so that it was above the threshold? That’s the only thing I can think of at the moment.

Good luck,

Jess

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Kenedy,

Is it possible that when they started the checkout, their cart was below the threshold, so they went down the “no” path, but then after the first hour, or after receiving the first email, they went back and added more to the cart so that it was above the threshold? That’s the only thing I can think of at the moment.

Good luck,

Jess

Hey Jess, 

Thank you so much for responding. It seems thats not the case. I investigated that and saw that their initial cart was 1.9k

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

@Kenedy  - Ahh, I see. Unfortunately I don’t have any other ideas right now. I hope someone else can help figure it out!

Jess

Userlevel 3
Badge +12

Hi @Kenedy - great question. 

I would recommend replacing the Conditional Split with a Trigger Split. Configure the Trigger Split as shown in the screenshot below. This should apply the $500 threshold to the Checkout Started trigger event. 

More info here: Klaviyo Help Center: How to add a trigger split to a flow

I hope this helps! Let us know how it goes. 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @Kenedy - great question. 

I would recommend replacing the Conditional Split with a Trigger Split. Configure the Trigger Split as shown in the screenshot below. This should apply the $500 threshold to the Checkout Started trigger event. 

More info here: Klaviyo Help Center: How to add a trigger split to a flow

I hope this helps! Let us know how it goes. 

Hello Adam, 

This looks like it just might work. I will keep an eye out over the next few days. Thank you so much