Solved

Conditional split working randomly

• 26 July 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +4

I have a thank you email flow for customers that have purchased one of two products that should receive different how to use emails.

I have used a conditional split so if the purchase product A they get product A - How to use Product A email and if they purchase B they get a product B How to use Product B email. 

The problem is it seems that Product look like its working with hundred s being sent and a few skipped however Product B which should have hundreds because sales are about 50/50 is just getting a handful

I did set another email further on in the flow to manual could that edit have impacted the earlier flow emails? 

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 26 July 2023, 07:08

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@Wade B. 

From what you said I think the problem is that you used wrong split. You used Conditional split instead of using Trigger split.

What is the difference?
- Conditional split: Is looking into profile history and if you have not specified time for it it will look into overall history of the customers and it will check if this customer placed an order for Product A over all time and it is not related just to this order.

​​​- Trigger Split: Is what you need here and trigger split is only looking at this specific order that triggered the flow. So if people now when triggering this flow placed an order for Product A they will go in that path.

Two things to also mention here:

- Trigger splits are only available for metric triggers but in this flow I assume you are using placed order as a trigger for the flow so trigger split should be available.

- Also for trigger splits the hierarchy is available in case people bought both of the products. So if the setup is If people bought product A send them this path and if not send them to product B path what will happen if people buy both of the products they will always go to product A path because that split will be true for them. So make sure to set it in a way where the more important email you want to send if people bought both products is always first in the splits.

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Awesome answer from @Bobi N. 

just a small addition in case someone else also references this topic in the future, in case people buy both products you could add another trigger split below Product A to check if Product B is also in the order and in this case you can then send both how to use instructions.

Like Bobi also mentioned it works best to start with the product that has most sales.

Good luck!

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO