Solved

Conditional Splits based on whether an Order has shipped?

• 19 April 2024
  • 1 reply

Badge

Hi!

I have a flow built for our business - customers enter the flow when placing an order for a specific product SKU. After ordering and entering the flow, they receive a submission form for more details in the first flow email, and upon the approval of said form, we then ship their package.

In a perfect world, the conditional split I’m trying to create would check whether or not the aforementioned order has shipped and send them to the “yes” side of the flow - however, I’m having some trouble determining what the best course of action would be/what conditions I should set in my conditional splits to achieve this behavior.

Any insight someone may be able to offer for my situation would be incredibly helpful!

icon

Best answer by Brian Turcotte 23 April 2024, 16:37

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @SWEETSCS!

This will depend on what occurs in your system when the order is shipped. Conditional splits can be triggered by the following things:

• What someone has done (or not done)
    Aka, metrics or events that have occurred for the profile

• Properties about someone

• If someone is in or not in a list

• Random sample

For your case, it would likely be the first option, but I would need to know a little more about your integration, like which e-commerce platform you’re using, and how your system tracks when something has been shipped.

If there is not a Klaviyo event associated with the shipment of a package, you would have to create a custom one using the following guides:

I hope this helps get you started!

- Brian