Question

Creating a Post-Purchase flow that doesn't clash with existing Welcome Flow

• 25 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

For context: I am using Klaviyo’s Post-Purchase Follow-Up - Order Count Split template.

1 - I have an already existing welcome flow that sends to those who subscribe at checkout. Would the post-purchase flow provided by Klaviyo result in those in the welcome flow getting sent through both flows simultaneously? How do I ensure this doesn’t happen, and/or how would Klaviyo know which of the two to prioritize?

2 - Where does the link provided “review this item” in the post-purchase flow for customer reviews go? How do I test that link? I don’t want reviews to be displayed on our site but I want the reviews recorded somewhere for internal reference.

• This is what the review button is currently linked to: {{ organization.url|trim_slash }}/products/{{ item.product.handle }}#reviews

Thank you for your help!

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @mayavalentin,

What is the trigger for your welcome flow when they subscribe at checkout? If it is the same as the Post-Purchase flow, then yes, customers would move through both flows. You can add a profile filter to the post-purchase flow to exclude customers who already received the welcome flow: What someone has done or not done - received email - (welcome flow) - zero times - (in the last) - (amount of time). See screen shot below.

If the trigger is the same, customers who receive the welcome flow won’t go through the post-purchase flow until they purchase a second time, this may not be what you are wanting. There also may be other ways to exclude them that I’m not thinking of.

I don’t have an answer to your second question, but I’m sure somone else does! Best of luck!

Userlevel 6
Badge +31

Hey there! Jess had a great filter solution there! 

You can also apply a Placed Order Zero Times Over All Time in your welcome series so that once someone places their order, they are pulled out and can just get the post-purchase flow you have prepared.

That pre-generated link might not apply to your site specifically. Do you currently have a collection system for reviews? Or a form to direct someone to? 

Badge +1

Hey @mayavalentin , yes @Spark Bridge Digital LLC has a simple answer, that’s what we usually do - apply Placed Order Zero Times Over All Time in the welcome flow so that once an order is placed, the welcome flow stops. 

For reviews, it depends on what app you’re using for reviews. Klaviyo has their native reviews feature, but there are also other apps like Yotpo, etc. If you’re using a 3rd party app for reviews, you’ll likely have to look at their documentation on how to integrate with Klaviyo.