Solved

Custom Integration for Browse Abandonment

• 3 October 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Hello. I have a custom website, and therefor, a custom integration with klaviyo.

I have Product Detail pages that fire a viewed product event to Klaviyo.

I also have a viewed category event that fires to Klaviyo as well. viewed category is the parent to viewed product.

These events fire individually as a User jumps from category and product pages to category and product pages. How do I code these emails up so the browse abandonment flows, which target viewed category and viewed product in separate flows, so that all viewed category events from a session get grouped into one email template. 

icon

Best answer by Omar 4 October 2022, 11:02

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @Andrew.Walters

Thanks for sharing your question with us! 

I might need a little more info so I can best understand what the next step would be. To clarify, you’re looking to create a browse abandonment flow that would hyptoethically group multiple triggered events of ‘viewed category’ in a certain time frame’ to be pulled into one email template? 

Thanks for the additional information! 

-Taylor

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Correct.

Userlevel 7
Badge +43

@Andrew.Walters it sounds to me like you're trying to group together all the categories someone viewed is that correct?

The only way to do this would be by aggregating this data and sending updated events with all the categories viewed in a session. So if I viewed a product in category 1 you send the event for only cat. 1, if you've viewed cat 1 and cat 2 you send the event and have both cat. 1 and cat. 2 in that event and so on. Then you just filter the flow to only include the latest event data.

Similarly you'd be able to do this for browse abandonment - have a complete list of all products viewed in an array instead of sending it only once. Not sure if you might hit limits though if this array of data becomes to big. 

The other option could be to use Klaviyo tags and have a klaviyo flow to add tags to a profile based on which categories someone viewed. Only thing is this would be a static field that in a year time would still be there so might be less usable. Come to think of it, you would be able to add a timestamp so adding 2 properties i.e. Bolean cat. 1 viewed - yes/no and Cat. 1 viewed date could possible solve this for you.

Hope this helps!

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Thanks, @Omar. I’ll try the aggregation.