Solved

Custom Notification When New Record is Added To List // Errors with Personalization Fields

• 3 November 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge

I am attempting to create a notification in an existing flow that is generated any time a new lead (record) is added to a list. The goal of the notification is to send an email with the lead details. This includes first/last name, email, phone, etc. along with the answers to specific questions we ask in our FB lead ad form.

My setup looks like this…

When I attempt to preview this email, I’m seeing the following error(s)

Any help in fixing this so a proper email notification is accomplished sharing the above lead parameters is greatly appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Omar 4 November 2023, 00:27

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

@AdsVice the only thing I'm seeing in your screenshot is that for the last 3 variables there seems to be an cariage return or “enter” between {{ and the variable. 

I would suggest adding it to a notepad (non html/coding) tool, fixing the plain text version, removing the returns, in that code and pasting it back to Klaviyo.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge

@Omar Thank you the response! So just to confirm, do you mean the space between {{ and the field value? So instead of “{{ first_name }}” it should be “{{first_name}}”?

I went into a notepad and set this up up. I’m hitting “enter” after each field because I want the email notification to show each value on a separate line. Should I not do that? Here’s what I have in the notepad.

A new lead submitted in Facebook.
{{ first_name }}
{{ last_name }}
{{ company_name }}
{{ email }}
{{ work_phone_number }}
{{ created_time }}
{{ platform }}
{{ which_type_of_solution_are_you_interested_in? }}
{{ what_is_your_estimated_monthly_processing_volume? }}
{{ how_do_you_want_to_accept_credit_card_payments? }}