Solved

Custom product properties not shown in email

• 14 December 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge

We have an custom input field for a custom engraving for two of our products where the users can enter an engraving they want to have on their product. I added this field by myself and it is shown at the checkout and in my shopify “orders-tab” etc. but not in an “abandoned cart-email”.
The email is sent automatically with a Klaviyo flow and features the products in an abandoned cart. The problem is that the custom engraving, i mentioned earlier, isn’t shown on the emails. It also seems like this custom property isn’t even passed to the event properties, since i can’t find it there too.
So my question is: How can i get the “abandonned cart email” sent by a klaviyo flow to show my custom properties too?

Many thanks upfront!!

icon

Best answer by KatherineB 21 December 2023, 15:22

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @Crodexxx!

Is the custom field showing in the event data of a regular “Placed Order” event in your Klaviyo account?

The abandoned cart flow is triggered by the Started Checkout metric - would you be able to provide a screenshot of the event data from a Started Checkout event where you added the engraving? This might help myself and other Community members understand the issue better.

Best,

Brian

Badge

First of all, thank you very much for trying to help @Brian Turcotte!!

I hope the screenshot below provides you with the necessary information you requested. If not, please tell me where i can find the information you need, because I don’t know Klaviyo that well..😅

My custom field is only implemented for products which are tagged as “custom” (e.g. “Custom Bible Verse Iphone Clear Case”). The lower product does not have the custom input field implemented.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @Crodexxx , thanks for posting your question in the Klaviyo Community. 

In order to get a screenshot of what event information is pulled intro Klaviyo for a checkout started event, can you go into your abandoned cart flow, click on one of the emails and click edit. Then go to preview and test and on the right-hand side you will see a preview of what the email will look like with the dynamic information pulled from Shopify on the right. This will show if you are pulling in the custom order information. If it’s not pulling into the preview, then that information isn’t being passed into Klaviyo right now. 

Badge

Hey @KatherineB,
thank you for helping! So Shopify isn’t passing any Information to Klaviyo since my custom property isn’t shown in the Preview Event Info tab.

Do you or anyone else who reads this, know how to get Shopify to send the information of custom fields to Klaviyo?

Many thanks upfront!!