Solved

Customer Flow when they purchase specific product

• 8 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1
  • Contributor I
  • 2 replies

Hi Everyone! 

Klaviyo user for a number of years now, however I’m unsure how to approach this specific use case. 
I’m going to be listing products that are fulfilled via my printing partner in my store, so I’m looking to create a flow so these customers get a different post purchase email sequence. These products will be in their own collection (shopify)

I’m thinking i’ll need three flows in total
1. Customer orders just the printed product
2. Customer orders printed products plus other products that I fulfil
3. Customer doesnt order printed product (this I already have setup)

Where I’m getting a bit stuck with this is the logic around the triggers to keep things tidy & easy to maintain so just looking to get some guidance. 

I could either create a specific list for users who buy the printed product and then a flow for those?
Or create three triggers based on the purchase behaviour (above) which i add into my current post purchase thank you sequence & just add the different flows there? 🤔

Would love to hear your thoughts & help!
Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Akers Digital 10 January 2023, 00:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

I would think the triggers based on purchase behavior would be the cleanest way of doing this. May I ask why you are doing separate emails anyways? Too tell customers that products might be fulfilled separately?

Badge +1

Hi Akers, thanks for the reply! 
Yeah so the reason for doing separate emails/flow is purely to tell the customers that the printed product will be fulfilled separately. Maybe I’m over engineering this & I could just add something along the lines of ‘If you have ordered one of our printed items this will be shipped separately’ to the current post purchase flow? 
The product page on shopify will also include this information 

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Sometimes the best solution is the simplest!

I think mentioning in your order confirmation email that products might be shipped separately would be a really clean and simple solution.