Solved

Customer Lifecycle Mapping

• 17 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Do you have any recommendations for templates to map out your customer lifecycle journey & the corresponding content/flows that get sent out to them at each stage? I haven’t been able to find a good solution. 

icon

Best answer by ebusiness pros 19 January 2024, 21:30

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @ccs-aeh 

Welcome to the Community! Thank you so much for reaching out for help.

There are a few different resources that will help you with customer lifecycle mapping and implementation in Klaviyo! First I would check out this community post from @Akers Digital 

Also, I would check out this Klaviyo Academy resource: Automating the customer journey with flows.

Since you are a Partner there should also be additional resources in the Partner Portal. You just need to use your partner credentials to login and search for this topic!

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @ccs-aeh 

If you have the partner login credentials, here is the link to the resource I mentioned above. https://partneracademy.klaviyo.com/automating-the-customer-journey-with-flows

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hi @ccs-aeh!

I have yet to find a visual representation template that I love, though Figma might have some you could customize to serve that purpose. 

Fundamentally, I encourage you to consider each piece of the customer journey in distinct buckets depending on what type of customer they are. That will help you map out different parts of the customer journey, and identify gaps for each group of people. 

Bucket 1: Onboarding & Sales

So for instance, there’s the fundamental marketing infrastructure you’ll want to have in place regardless of someone’s customer status. Onboarding new subscribers is crucial for your list health. Then following up with those who are the most likely to place an order helps you maintain a monthly revenue baseline.

• Welcome Series flow
  • Abandoned Checkout flow (triggered by “started checkout” event)
  • Abandoned Cart flow (triggered by “added to cart” event)

Bucket 2: Prospect Nurturing

Then I’d consider what needs to be done to nurture prospects into customers. If your product has an opportunity for a trial or sample to give someone confidence before they buy, you could have a Flow that recommends prospects try the product (home decor example: order swatches). Then after they order that sample, a Flow that nurtures them towards the full-size purchase/ recommends the best product to start with based on their sample choice. This system is highly effective for generating orders.

Otherwise, in general it helps to be clear on what your best recommendation is for a prospect to buy in their first order. Recommend it clearly, as a “we’re here to help you” moment. Sometimes people get stuck/ overwhelmed when they need to choose among a whole collection of products offered by a brand.

Bucket 3: Customer Retention

New Customers need distinct types of “onboarding” emails to learn how to get the most out of your product, how to care for it, etc. after that first order is placed. My agency considers this part of a New Customer Thank You flow. Then you might have a flow that follows up a few weeks or months later (depending on your product) and recommends the next best thing for this customer to try IF they did not return their first order. 

Repeat Customers can be split a few different ways. Eventually you might have separate buckets (systems of flows working together) to nurture retention of 2x customers differently than customers who order 3+ times. This will evolve as you get clarity around what your VIP Customer threshold is. 

I’ve written a couple articles here that go more specifically into building out these Core flows, and ways to segment your audience that can help you identify other types of flows your brand might benefit from having. Take a look if you think that would be helpful.

I’m also happy to answer any follow-up questions you have!

Warmly,

Gabrielle

Klaviyo Champion & Marketing Lead at ebusiness pros