Skip to main content
Solved

Delayed shipment notification

Hello,

I’d like to inform customers if there’s going to be a delay in shipment, i.e. if I am informed that a certain product will have a significant enough delay, I want to send an email to all customers who have ordered this product (and haven’t received it yet of course). I’m using the Shopify integration. I managed to create a flow based on Ordered Product and one on Placed Order, however I don’t think I can trigger them only when I want to? And the information within Ordered Product or Placed Order can’t be used to create segments?

Any idea on how this can be done? Yes, I can search my orders in Shopify for the product that is delayed, export that and get a list of emails that I can then add to Klaviyo, but I hope there’s a way to simplify the process.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Hi @daniel_w 

You can create a Klaviyo segment to send a delayed order notification campaign. Example below. 

The definition will select profiles of those who have placed an order for a specific product but it has not been fulfilled/cancelled/refunded (for that product). All conditions must be true to enter the segment. 

The 30-days is arbitrary and you can adjust based on your usual shipping times. 

Does that help?

Regards

Andy

Badge

Ok, that looks good. So if I set it to, say, 1 day, change the products and save it, it will send the emails? Or how can I make sure that they are only sent when I want it?

Our products are only delivered to us for shipment after the customer has ordered them, there is no stock per se. But sometimes the supplier may need a while as he has run out of stock, so in those cases a mail should be sent out.

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Hi @daniel_w 

A segment is just a collection of profiles based on the segment conditions. No emails will be sent. You use the segment to send a campaign to the profiles in the segment to notify them of their delayed order.

The example segment conditions I provided assume you mark Shopify orders as fulfilled when you ship the product. So, any orders placed for that product that have NOT been marked as fulfilled i.e NOT shipped, will be in the segment apart from any cancelled or refunded orders. 

The segment time condition (30-days) is arbitrary but should catch all unfulfilled orders for that product. Though I suspect if they’ve been waiting for 30 days for the product, then they will have been in touch by now!

If this is something that occurs regularly, you could create a product delayed shipping flow. See example below.

That triggers from a placed order event for the specific product. The profile filters are evaluated at each email step. So a customer orders the product and enters the flow. After 2-days (assuming you would regard as the delayed shipping point), the profile filter checks if their order has been fulfilled for that specific product. If it hasn’t they receive the delayed shipping email. If it has been fulfilled, they don’t receive it and exit the flow.

As always, please test before going live!

Regards

Andy

Badge

Thank you, that helps me a lot :)