Differentiating between repeat customers buying new products and customers buying the same product in flows

• 24 April 2024
  • 0 replies

Badge

I am creating a post-purchase flow, and I need to send 3 types of thank you emails:

1. For brand new customers
  2. For repeat customers buying the same product
  3. For Repeat customers buying a new product.

The way I am thinking of structuring it is this:

Conditional split - Placed order equals 1 over all time.

YES - Email 1, for brand new customers.

NO: Trigger Split - Items contains product A - checking if the order has Product A

YES - Conditional split - Ordered product A is at least 2 over all time where name equals ProductA - checking if the product A has been ordered more than 2 times
              YES - Email for repeat customers buying the same product

NO - Email for repeat customers buying a new product.

NO - Trigger Split - Items contains productB                 

YES - Conditional split - Ordered product A is at least 2 over all time where name equals ProductB
                              YES - Email for repeat customers buying the same product

NO - Email for repeat customers buying a new product.

And basically repeat this structure of Trigger + Conditional splits for every product. This seems like it will work, but I think it’s a very crude solution that will require lots of work whenever we introduce new products.

What I am wondering about is whether it is possible make the product name in a conditional split dynamic. Like this:

If this will work, I suppose I will only need one conditional split like this instead of a maze of trigger and conditional splits. But I don’t know if it will work, and don’t want to find out the hard way.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!