Solved

Dynamic abandoned cart email does not product allow image/title to be clickable

• 10 March 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hello Klaviyo community! My issue today is that when creating my dynamic abandoned cart email flow, the product image & title are not clickable. Attached are some screenshots of what’s going on. Website is on Shopify. I cannot seem to find any solution! I am trying to make the abandoned cart emails have a CLICKABLE IMAGE (Abandoned product) and a CLICKABLE TITLE (Item title). Please help!

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 15 March 2023, 00:00

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hello @julesheridan ,

Welcome to the Community.

Can you try this solution out?

The dynamic variables used within the block are: 

• Image placeholder: {{ item.Product.FirstImageURL }}
  • Link address to make image/product name clickable: {{ item.Product.FullURL }}

Feel free to check out the help guide below for more information:

Badge +1

Hey Alex, thanks for the reply

This did not work. For reference I’m on Shopify. This is what I see in my editor:

I need the abandoned cart email to be stacked VERTICALLY. Videos online have directed me to use the TEXT cell content to achieve this effect. My issue is now I don’t see the product image, only the title. I am trying to make it so that I can see the product image/title AND click on them both. Let me know your thoughts! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hello @julesheridan ,

First you want to make sure is that we're setting our Row collection (data source) up correctly. As our guide mentioned, we want to take the variable that has more information. You can find this variable when you hover over your test profile data in the Preview and Test page. Then you would just paste that into the Row collection field and give it an alias.

You'll want to make sure you're putting in the correct variable for product image URL. So again, you'll first find the variable that you're going to copy from the profile event data, copy it and then change it so that the source alias is used instead. Then, you should see the product image populated when you preview your email. Now all you need to do is style the text with the product information how you'd like.
?name=2022-12-28_13-55-54.png
I would recommend using a table / column block instead if you are trying to stack assets as well.

Badge +1

Hello Alex,

My row collection data is setup correctly. Your response doesn't make much sense to me as I’m new to Klaviyo. Please explain as if to a 5 year old using Shopify haha. When using the text you suggested “ {{ item.Images.0.URL }} it actually removes the product image altogether… Currently I’m using {{ item.product.images.0.src }} to display the abandoned cart image and it’s working & clickable. My issue NOW is that the item title is NOT clickable. Please see my screenshot below.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

@julesheridan ,

That is because that was used as an example and the variables should just match to whatever you have set up for your own instance. 

Please fix your text with a text only dynamic block and utilize the following syntax.

Learn more here - How to Build Dynamic Blocks in a Flow Email (new editor) as well as here.

Thanks,

Alex