Dynamic Content Based on Purchase

• 10 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +2
  • Active Contributor I
  • 11 replies

Hello Klaviyo Community

I’ve been able to successfully implement dynamic product information based on what the customer has purchased. I’m now looking to have dynamic texts and links based on the product.

• For example, if I have a table with 2 columns. The left column will be an image of the purchased product. How can I have dynamic text and link in the right column based on what the customer has purchased? I do see the ability to hide/show content blocks, but thinking there has to be an easier way.
  • Also, I assume to show complementary products based on the purchased product is pretty straight forward.

Anyone able to point me in the right direction? I’ve been going through the articles as well.

Thanks!

Joe

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @jtao23 

Thank you so much for coming back to the community for help with your dynamic content!

Can you share a little more about what specific dynamic text and links you want to include, as well as what integration you are using?

I’ll be on the lookout for your response!

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @jtao23 - if you have your dynamic products implemented using a Table Block, that loops over the rows for each product, then you should be able to simply create a new column and use the same variables in the second column.  Each “loop” will then have two columns (instead of one).  If you share your code or a screenshot of your template, we might be able to help and have a better understanding of what you’re trying to do!

Badge +2

Hello @stephen.trumble and @retention I appreciate the follow-up! My apologies for the delay in reply.

• @retention I think that does make sense, but let me try it out. For the right column, I was hoping to have dynamic text and link based on what product was purchased. For example, if someone purchased PRODUCT A, then the text would relate to PRODUCT A and the link would go to a specific URL for PRODUCT A. Same with PRODUCT B and so on. 
  • You bring up a good topic though around loops. I’d also be interested in dynamically created rows or loops based on dynamic data.

I’ll try to respond with more details or a diagram of what we’re trying to achieve.

Thank you both!

Badge +2

Hello @retention 

Thanks again for your help.

Here are 2 diagrams to explain Bullet 1 above. 

1. Shows a table with multiple rows where the link is dynamic based on what the customer bought

2. This is more straight forward, but shows complementary products based on customer’s purchase

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

Joe