Skip to main content

Dynamic Product Catalog simply not appearing

• 6 June 2024
  • 2 replies

I’m trying to set up a dynamic product catalog based on products in cart.

For some of the previews, using “Previewing with recent event” function, the block in the email is simply blank. It doesn’t show up at all.

I thought it might be a preview issue, but also in test emails it’s blank as well.

This is only occurring for SOME of my customer previews, so I’m quite confused.

My best theory is that it’s be because I set up the catalog AFTER these events happened? But that would seem like a very odd bug.

Any other troubleshooting steps?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +59

Hi @HF Designs, welcome to the community!

If your code is using events data (data passed in via the metric), then the values for the block comes from the event properties.  You can find these event properties when you do a Preview, the data that is available to use are all there like this:

For those that are appearing “blank” look down below to the Event Properties to see if the values you expect are there - this can give you some clues on what data is or is not available.  If it’s not available in the event properties, then it’s not going to show in your Template eitehr.

If you can share an example, we might be able to help troubleshoot.  But hope this gives you a place to start.

Badge

Thank you for the feedback!

I can confirm that this issue exists even when there is an item in event properties.

Please see screenshot below of 3 different sample customers. Even though they all have properities, the block is simply not appearing on 2 of them.

Any idea on what the next troubleshooting step would be?

Thank you!