Solved

Dynamic product list with a certain product type only

• 29 August 2022
  • 5 replies

Badge +5

Hey there, 
we are currently building a customer reviews flow with a dynamic block displaying products they had on their fulfilled order. 
As we do not have feedback surveys for all our products, we want to limit the products displayed to products only with a special product type (here: Shoes and Insoles, but not laces). 
Is there a way I can control this? I was not able to figure it out myself or found any post in the forum. 

Thanks a lot for your help! 

Best regards
Tobias

icon

Best answer by tobias_wildling_shoes 2 September 2022, 08:03

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @tobias_wildling_shoes,

Hope your day is going well.

If I'm understanding correctly, you want to set up different product recommendations based on certain items that a customer has purchased. You would be able to accomplish this using a combination of Product Blocks and Show/Hide conditions with Klaviyo.

The first thing you'll want to do is make sure to set up Product Feeds so that you can recommend products from certain categories/collections: How to Use Product Feeds and Recommendations. Under your Data Feeds tab, you can set up Product Feeds to include only items from specific categories, which you can then use to populate products in your Product Block.

Once you've made your feeds, you can include them in your email content and use Show/Hide conditions to only display them when particular conditions are met: How to Show or Hide Template Blocks Based on Dynamic Variables. Since you're wanting to display these blocks based on a person's purchases, you'd likely want to include this in a Flow that is triggered by an event (Metric-Triggered Flow).

All the best,

Alex

Badge +5

Dear Alex, 
thank you for your response. 
Unfortunately, there is a misunderstanding. 
The procedure is the following. 
A user purchases products, they get fulfilled. 
After X days, we want to send an email and ask him to review his purchased products. 
I am able to list those products in an dynamic block but since I only want to list two product types (shoes and insoles and not e.g. laces), I need to somehow filter this list. 

I am currently working on a solution following the instructions on this post: 

It seems to work although the missing cells in the table, when products are invisible are not perfect. 
If you have any other ideas, let me know! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

Hi @tobias_wildling_shoes

Have you looked into using a 3rd party app for reviews? 

I see you’re on Shopify, there’s a handful to choose from that have filtering abilities like I think you want. (btw - love the product, I manage a footwear brand as well and it can be challenging!)

With Klaviyo, to collect reviews, it’s really just sending them to the reviews section on the product page where they can fill out the review (we tried this for a very short time and review %’s were low).  With a 3rd party app, it can send them to a widget where the customer is more familiar with in leaving a review (plus, you can collect SO much more data). 

Check out this recent tip from Klaviyo Champion @mat.bingham to spark ideas on the type of data you can get with reviews:

Hope that helps, let me know if you want some reco’s on what we’ve used for review apps.

Badge +5

Hi @Mailbox Manny 
thank you for your answer. 
We are implementing that as well. 
But we also want more detailed feedback from our customers, so the survey gets deeper than usual customer reviews. 
Anyways: With the help of the Klaviyo support I was able to solve the problem and the flow is running smooth. 

Best regards

Tobi

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

@tobias_wildling_shoes 

I'm not sure how the data is coming in but if you have categories or some unique product data you can use at a categories level to split it up you could use the show/hide function.

If it's insights you're after maybe splitting up and having separate flows would be even better.

You could use typeform to ask for input, if happy then send out the review to them.

Hands up for trying to dig deeper and understand your users, we've been doing so for some customers as well where we actually combine this to type of users as well using RFM so you can split the responses or change the questions for best/worse type of customers and learn from this.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Gold Partner