Solved

Dynamically looking back at customer journeys

• 10 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3
  • Contributor I
  • 0 replies

Hi All,

I am looking into something for a client of ours, but can't quite figure it out myself. I know you can dynamically show products customers have bought before (titles, images, etc.). But I was wondering if you can dynamically make some sort of lookback to what a customer has done.

Let’s say we want to set up an email that looks back at last year and we want to mention how many items a customer has bought or how many purchases they did.
We would want to do this in the text, making it look like:

“You bought [X amount] of items last year/You made [X amount] of purchases last year”

The text between [ ] would then have to be dynamically change to show the correct number per customer.

Is this possible?
Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by David To 10 January 2023, 20:12

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hello @Lynn,

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

This would be a great use case for custom profile properties to personalize your emails. After calculating the [X amount] of items purchased in a given year for each of your customers, you should be able to apply that as a custom profile property for each individual. In turn, this will allow you to reference that property within your email for personalization that’s unique for each recipient. You can learn more about custom profile properties such as how to collect or add these properties yourself from our Understanding custom profile properties Help Center article. 

There’s also a lot of great resources on this topic in the Community as well. I’ve included some below to get you started:

I hope this helps!

David