Solved

Editing the Time Delay of a live flow - not working

• 26 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Active Contributor IV
  • 26 replies

I have a Flow that I was trying to “Pause” by increasing the wait between emails to hold the audience for another week before sending (giving us time to get test results and update our landing pages) - while I was able to amend these wait tags and altered the time zones the tags were based on - and everything saved and looked right, all the emails sent based on the original timeline from when I hit live.

My question is, is this a bug, did I do it wrong? why is it letting me edit and save my changes if it is not going to implement them?

Did I need to Update Action statuses out of live, then switch it back for the time delay alterations to be recognized?

Thank you

icon

Best answer by Omar 27 April 2023, 00:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

In the example I listed above I made the edits while contacts were in the flow, some of them at the Time Delay I was editing (but many were not yet).

What I am concerned with is, ALL of my flows have been “live” with only a 1 min wait and an entry filter to only allow people with my email address to entre the Flow. The plan was to remove that filter and fix the wait times for when we are ready for customers to go through the Flow.

Now I am worried that the emails will all go out in only 1 min waits.

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @dgibbs

Great question. 
In order to answer your question we need to cover 1 element which I think will make the difference in how you look at this.

So a time delay is not a step that people are in/on, rather they will be stuck in the email itself with that delay added to it. So whenever you add a wait step people do flow to the next action and are added to the email with the time you've added in the wait step.

If you want to prevent people from getting the email my suggestion is to turn the flow to manual and sent the mails once you're doing editing.

I also advise you the check this help center article:
https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/360017706091

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Wow - thank you, so the time delay just tags the records with how long they should wait once they his the next activity? so if I alter the wait after they pass it they no longer get the tag….

That makes sense, and should be kay for my flows moving forward - but ya too late for this cohort that went out today - but at least I know how to set everything else up moving forward.

Thank you