Solved

email for active on site

• 31 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

I am trying to create a email flow for active on site, however I don’t understand how would this flow. How do the emails get connected to this flow. 

Thanks

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 31 October 2022, 21:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @SK789 ,

Thanks for sharing with the Community.

The first thing I would recommend is you looking at our Help Center article regarding Onsite Tracking. Then make sure you have a proper integration that will support the active on site metric and that the data is properly being tracked/stored. 

There are three key ways Klaviyo will be able to identify a site visitor for onsite tracking purposes:

• If someone has, at some point, clicked through a Klaviyo email to your website
  • If someone has, at some point, subscribed/opted-in through a Klaviyo form
  • If someone has, at some point, logged into your site and you have identify tracking installed

After that you can create a flow using the active on site metric as a trigger.

Hope that helped,

Alex

Badge +3

Hi there @SK789 ,

Thanks for sharing with the Community.

The first thing I would recommend is you looking at our Help Center article regarding Onsite Tracking. Then make sure you have a proper integration that will support the active on site metric and that the data is properly being tracked/stored. 

There are three key ways Klaviyo will be able to identify a site visitor for onsite tracking purposes:

• If someone has, at some point, clicked through a Klaviyo email to your website
  • If someone has, at some point, subscribed/opted-in through a Klaviyo form
  • If someone has, at some point, logged into your site and you have identify tracking installed

After that you can create a flow using the active on site metric as a trigger.

Hope that helped,

Alex

Hi Alex,

Thanks for the reply. I can see how someone could be triggered by an email list. 

Do you have any more information about this? For example, if somebody lands on the site and signs up, they are automatically included in the 'Welcome series.' However, if they browse a product or abandon the site before completing their purchase, they will join the other flows which I have set up. How do I prevent them from receiving endless emails? I have the following email flows set up:

1. welcome series
  2. abandon cart 
  3. site abandonment
  4. browse abandonment

All tracking is up and running - thanks!

Regards

S.K 

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @SK789 ,

I would look into smart sending for your emails.

Here is a quote from the article:

When an email or SMS message has Smart Sending enabled, Klaviyo will automatically check to see if that profile has received a message from you within your account's Smart Sending period before it sends. If this profile has received another message from you too recently, they will be skipped from receiving the current message.

Keep the following in mind when using Smart Sending: 

• Emails and SMS messages have separate Smart Sending windows
    • Email default: 16 hours
    • SMS default: 24 hours
  • You can change the Smart Sending windows at any time
  • Messages skipped due to Smart Sending are not rescheduled automatically
    • For information on resending emails, read How to resend emails in Klaviyo
    • Currently, it’s not possible to resend a text message to someone who was skipped due to Smart Sending except by doing so manually. 
  • Updating the smart sending window does not retroactively affect recipients
    • Example: If you send an email campaign and then change the email Smart Sending window from 16 to 10 hours, anyone who received that campaign will be skipped from emails until the full 16 hours pass