Solved

Email in flow is not sending after the trigger

• 7 November 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I’ve created a flow that asks for a rating out of 5 stars. I set it up so when someone clicks the 5 stars they’re added to a “5 Star Rating Subscription” segment. 

I then created a separate flow for when people are added to this segment. My problem is, the email in this flow is not sending out after someone joins the segment from clicking the 5 stars in the other flow. Any ideas why? 

icon

Best answer by Bobi N. 8 November 2022, 07:24

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@StevensCopy 

the setup you posted here of this flow looks fine.. If people enter that segment they should enter this flow to..

So i would go back a step and make sure that the other flow and the segment are set up correctly. First check if people are able to enter that segment (check definitions) and if not you will need to figure out what the problem is. 
Because from what I see here the only way for this flow not being trigger is that no new people are added to the segment.. (btw remember that people who are already in the segment won’t trigger the flow if they pick something that already have them added to the segment before, and also if you add people to segment manually by changing definition of the segment that wont make them trigger a flow, they need to automatically be added by fulfilling the definitions themselves with their actions)

Badge +1

@StevensCopy

the setup you posted here of this flow looks fine.. If people enter that segment they should enter this flow to..

So i would go back a step and make sure that the other flow and the segment are set up correctly. First check if people are able to enter that segment (check definitions) and if not you will need to figure out what the problem is. 
Because from what I see here the only way for this flow not being trigger is that no new people are added to the segment.. (btw remember that people who are already in the segment won’t trigger the flow if they pick something that already have them added to the segment before, and also if you add people to segment manually by changing definition of the segment that wont make them trigger a flow, they need to automatically be added by fulfilling the definitions themselves with their actions)

I double checked the definition in FLOW 1 for the 5th star (this is what people need to click to enter the 5 Star Rating subscribers list) = {% update_property_link 'NPS Rating' '5' 'https://crimsoncodesescaperooms.ca/' %} 

I manually added myself (new email so never in these flows before) to the preview list which will trigger FLOW 1. 

Once I triggered that flow, I received the email from FLOW 1. I clicked the 5th star to join the “5 Star Rating subscribers” list. 

I never received the email from joining the 5 Star Rating subscribers list. I double checked to see if clicking the 5th star added me to the list. I was added to the list. I still never received the email from it though. 

Similarly, I created a flow for people to receive an email if they click any star less than the value 5. I tested this as well and it still did not send. 

Not sure what else I can do. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@StevensCopy 

it sounds like you are doing everything right and you are being added to the segment so why you are not triggering a flow i can’t tell from here because it sounds like you should.. sorry but i can’t help more like this without looking directly into the account. I need to look into the whole process myself to be able to see where are things going wrong.. but if trigger is you being added to segment and as you say you are being added to it then it doesn’t make sense to not receive emails..

all i can think of right now.. have you checked your spam folder? If it is not that then i would suggest talking to klaviyo chat support since they will be able to directly look into your account and see where the problem may be..