Solved

Email not sending, despite saying sent.

• 13 April 2023
  • 6 replies

Badge +4

Hi guys, just testing an order confirmation email within a flow, and I didn’t receive the email, despite Klaviyo saying  it had been sent, and  it only sent  after pressing  resend. Smart sending is not on. Any  reason why this could be happening? 

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Omar 15 April 2023, 14:58

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +42

@brewcrew 

Have you checked your spam folder? If Klaviyo says it is sent then it should be somewhere in your email but it doesn’t necessarily need to be in inbox..

Badge +4

Hi Bobi, I have done yes - nowhere to be found! And as soo I resent it, it immediately sent

Userlevel 7
Badge +57

@brewcrew - can you share a screenshot with us to see if we can help?

A few things without seeing what you have setup:

• Is your Flow Message set to Manual or Live? 
  • Is the Profile you’re testing with suppressed?
  • Is the user subscribed or consented?  Did you check if Double Opt-In was enabled and you have confirmed the confirmation email already?

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

There could be a number of reasons why you did not receive the order confirmation email within the flow despite Klaviyo indicating that it had been sent. Here are a few potential causes:

1. Check your spam folder: It is possible that the email was sent to your spam or junk folder, so be sure to check there to see if the email was filtered out.

2. Delayed delivery: Occasionally, emails can be delayed in transit due to server issues or other network problems. If this is the case, the email may be delivered later than expected or not at all.

3. Suppression: It is possible that your email address is suppressed from receiving emails due to factors such as past bounce rates or spam complaints. To check if this is the case, go to your profile in Klaviyo and check your email status.

4. Incorrect email address: Double-check that the email address associated with the flow is correct and that it matches the email address you are expecting to receive the email at.

5. Technical issues: Sometimes technical issues can occur with email delivery, such as server downtime or other unexpected issues. In these cases, the email may not be delivered as expected.

If none of these reasons seem to be the issue, you can  reach out to me I will be glad to assist .

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

@brewcrew I've seen this happening before as well and could be based on how your email systems have been setup. Is the from address in Klaviyo the same as the domain your sending to?

So is the from address @yourdomain.com and where you're sending it to also @yourdomain.com?

If so I suggest to try test sending it to a @gmail or @outlook or other domain to check if you receive it.

If you do get it this can mean that the configuration of your email systems is potentially blocking emails.  They're probably seeing emails from Klaviyo as an “unknown” server and marking them as potential spoofing and blocking them. In such a case please check with your sys admin to allow and trust emails from Klaviyo.

Hope this helps

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge +4

Hi Omar - yes I think you’re right, it is to our domain and came up in the same overview as our ‘contact us’ spam. Thanks so much! Should be good for normal emails then