Solved

EMAIL SUDDENLY GO TO SPAM BOX

• Anonymous
  • 0 replies

Hi everyone,

Please give me an advice.

My email suddenly go to spam box while the previous campaigns for 4 months in a row were very good. Open rate over 50% and Click rate above 2%. But suddenly I sent an email today and both of these campaigns went to the spam box. Everything I do is as usual. There's nothing different. Even before sending the campaign I checked by sending to https://www.mail-tester.com/ and got 10/10 points.
Please take a look and let me know the possible reasons why my campaigns got into the spam box.
Sincerely thank

icon

Best answer by alex.hong 10 May 2022, 08:56

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi there @Michael Vu,

Welcome to the Community.

Sorry to hear that you’ve seen your email start to go into Spam folders. My first guess is that because some email providers flag words involving money and similar topics, this could be an issue. However, if nothing has changed from past emails then this could be something that you would have to reach out to our D&C Team to figure out.

Klaviyo is responsible for sending your emails, but once these emails are in the hands of the Inbox Provider (i.e. Gmail or Yahoo), then the inbox provider will filter the messages according to their own rules. This is because Email Inbox providers all have a built-in system that scans incoming emails and automatically sorts them. This sorting process is powered by complex algorithms that are not made public, though there are two key things to consider as an email marketer:

• Inbox Placement - the successful placement of your email in a recipient's inbox
  • Spam Filtering - the placement of your email in a recipient's Spam folder

Ultimately, inbox providers intentionally filter marketing emails. However, Inbox providers also adjust these filters based on the content of your email and your sender reputation. If you are concerned your emails might be getting placed in spam or junk, we highly recommend comparing your opens to these benchmarks: How to Monitor Email Deliverability Performance

If you are falling in the “Critical” or “Room for Improvement” category we recommend using segmentation practices to help you identify your engaged customers and focus on sending to them:

You can also check out this brief video on how to improve poor email inboxing.  

To summarize, why emails end up in spam is entirely dependent on how inbox providers like Gmail and Yahoo track how recipients interact with emails from your domain. In addition to the resources linked above, you can also check out the guides below to strengthen your sender reputation and improve your deliverability performance going forward:

Lastly, Gmail filters emails based on user behavior, so if you drag/move one of your email messages from the Spam/Promotions folder into your Primary Inbox, then Gmail will filter future messages from you into their Primary Inbox tab. 

vTKguf5K_CcOO8-4eUx3xTZeILWJTJ6pe3DfpzFEyT59CM1LHWFUZva8O_aX9AGub7AxeaA9Vff8SrTlomTaidfrA_IisvwMvpLBH5yqcKPgqwQI03GGIjjvqazNOFTyGZu0m7Oy

I recommend that you instruct your recipients to do this, so that emails from you are filtered into their Primary Inbox going forward! You can find more information about this here: About Gmail's Tabbed Inbox

Hope this helped,

Alex

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

My couple of last campaigns have very low open rate and I just found out that my emails go to SPAM folder as well. What’s more interested that I inspected my SPAM (gmail) folder and 90% of emails there were sent via Klaviyo! Something is going on here.

I have also noticed that emails now go via shared domain and not dedicated (as I assume it was previously).

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @Lina.

If you are seeing issues with your account no longer using a dedicated sending domain, I would recommend reaching out to Support to configure and troubleshoot anything on the back end first!