Solved

Emails being skipped - syntax error

• 5 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

I've set up post-purchase email flows and it is sent when my product is shipped. And two of the customer emails have been Skipped, and it says due to a syntax error. I've been trying to troubleshoot around this error, but I cannot locate where the error is. I even made a new template because maybe I tampered with the code, but I still get the same error.

Are my emails being Skipped because of this syntax error, or is it another reason? If so, how do I fix this syntax error because if it doesn't indicate where the error is in the email. 

Lastly, the customer received a separate confirmation email about their product being shipped, but it is from the supplier. Does Klaviyo skip emails if it knows another platform is sending an email? 

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 10 January 2024, 19:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Penny Packer91 

So sorry for the delayed response to this question. 

Quick question, did this email send successfully to any of your customers? Or was it only sent to the two that were skipped?

Badge +1

Thanks for your reply.

It was only sent to two recipients, and it was skipped.

I actually think I figured it out. Smart sending was on, and it skipped because Shopify sent a similar email to this one.

Does this make sense in to why it was skipped?

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Penny Packer91 

The error you saw is due to syntax you used in the email isn’t correct for the trigger used to send the email. If it was smart sending you would see that as the reason for the skip, not the syntax. If you want to send what trigger you are using (ie placed order or ordered product) and any syntax that you used in the email copy, I would be happy to take a look to see what went wrong!