Solved

Emails captured twice under the same flow

• 24 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Do you know what segments do when there is a repeat email?  In this case, I created a segment that captures what someone has done, which is “ordered a product at least once over all time.”  If this person (email) places another order, will this email be captured again under “ordered a product at least once over all time?” Or will it go automatically to my repeat buyer list? 

I guess that now my question is: Will emails be captured twice in the same flow or will they transition to another flow or be out of that flow if there is no transition? 

icon

Best answer by bluesnapper 24 October 2023, 20:50

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @angelicacamflo 

When you create a segment with a set of criteria and logic (AND, OR), contacts will be added to that segment if they are a match. There will only be one unique instance of that contact in the segment

Contacts move into a segment when there’s a match, and they can leave the segment if there’s a change which means they no longer match the segment’s criteria.

Unless you have any other conditions in your segment, the ‘ordered a product at least once over all time’ means they’ll enter when they purchase and then remain in the segment.

If you have a flow that triggers when someone enters the segment ‘ordered a product at least once over all time’ they will only enter that flow only once, when they place their first order and enter the segment. They won’t re-enter the flow if they purchase again.

Hope that helps

Andy

Userlevel 1
Badge

Good to know! The template does come with a purchase again flow. But I think it is safer to change the condition so that they leave that flow right after their first purchase. Thanks!