Skip to main content
Solved

Events for internal alerts in flow

• 14 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi there,

I’d like to set up a flow that functions like an abandoned cart flow, but instead of emailing the customer it creates an internal alert that emails members of the team so that we can reach out personally to these potential donors. 

The issue I’m having at the moment is the way I’ve set it up it sends an internal alert, but I’m assuming by default these email alerts won’t have any information other than letting us know a user has an incomplete donation.

I’ve set up a flow that adds a profile property to users who begin donating to us but then don’t complete payment, is there a way I can use event tags or some other method so that the email contains the details of the user who triggered the flow?

Edit: Added how the flow is currently looking to (hopefully) clarify.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +32

Hey there! When editing your internal alert message, you are able to pull in that person’s event and profile information! (More details on that here https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/4408802648731)

So in your internal alert, you could put in:
{{ first_name }} {{ last_name }} has abandoned their donation. Their contact email address is {{ email }}.

And if anything is stored in their profile you want to pull in you can use {{ person|lookup:"XYZ" }} where XYZ is the profile property you want to present in your internal alert.

Badge

Thank you so much, I’ll give that a try!

Badge

hi is it necessary to add a delay after the form is submitted?

The Flow i set up for an internal alert once a form is submitted shows incomplete info and also tends to FAIL to send intermittently.

The alert is:

{{ first_name }} {{ last_name }} submitted form ID: {{ event.form_id }} from the page {{ event.page }}

First Name: {{ first_name }}

Last name: {{ last_name }}

email : {{ email }}

Phone Number: {{ person|lookup:'phone_number' }}

Contact Preference: {{ person|lookup:'contact_preference' }}

But the contact preference & Message info always shows up as ‘None’