Solved

Excluding Customer Groups in Flows

• 10 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +5
  • Contributor IV
  • 10 replies

Hi,

I have 5 customer groups setup, and I want to exclude them from certain flows, as they are mainly family, friends and some long term customers, that are on set discounts.

They tend to add products to their saved carts for up to a month, and then when ready place their order.

I don’t want them to receive Abandoned Cart - Browse Abandonment - or similar flows, as this would be annoying and useless.

What is the the better way to do this, or is this it?

See image below.

For some reason this seems to stop all other groups, and new first customers that have either,

Abandoned Cart - Browse Abandonment - or similar flows, from not receiving these flows.

If someone could give me an example on how best to set this up correctly, it would be great.

icon

Best answer by retention 11 February 2024, 00:58

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Hi @BTO, if you want to exclude people based on a Custom Properties, just be careful of the “Null/Empty” case.  I think this might be the issue.

Meaning, a Custom Property and its value can be any of the following:

• Custom Property does not exist at all (no field, no value)
  • Custom Property exists with a value (e.g. “Family 20” = “Family 20” in your case)
  • Custom Property exists without a value yet (e.g. “Family 20” = Null/Empty)

I *think* what’s happening is, people are being excluded because they don’t have those Fields “Family 20, Family 15, Friend 15,etc” so they don’t match the rule since your rule says “Family 20” doesn’t equal “Family 20” expecting it to exist but equal something else (Null/Empty or some other value).

Try using the “Is Not Set” condition like this:  

Custom Property “Group” doesn’t exist to go into Flow

If you need to check that it’s value is not “Family 20” you may have to create an additional OR statement. 

Custom Property “Group” does not exist OR it does’t equal the value “Something” to go into Flow

Tinker with that and see if ti works.  Sometimes you need to try a few ways around the logic to make it work.

Badge +5

Hey @retention ,

Thanks for the reply.

I worked out the problem. There are duplicate Values in the Property.

Some have a space after the Group name and some don’t.

Do you know if it is possible to delete values from a property? I can’t seem to find this anywhere.

Thanks again.