Skip to main content
Solved

Excluding customers from trade emails if they're in a flow

• 24 May 2024
  • 3 replies

We’ve just started building out more flows as a brand, some of which are quite lengthy but important content for us customers. I don't want to now start bombarding our customers with these flows as well as our normal trade sends which we do roughly twice a week, but sometimes more during sale times.

How can I set my flow, or adjust my trade segment, to only send to customers that aren't currently at a specific stage in a flow, or in a flow at all?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Welcome to the community @BrookeOH 

From what you've described, you could achieve this with a custom property in your flow(s) and by adjusting your trade-sending segment. See below.

When a profile enters a flow(s), a boolean custom property in_flow is set to ‘true’. When they exit the flow(s), it’s set to ‘false’.

Adjust your trade-sending segment to include profiles that are not in flow(s), i.e. AND in_flow = false OR in_flow is not set.

Note that you will need to add the in_flow custom property to a test profile first (set to true or false) so that it appears in the flow's custom property drop-down options.

Does that work for you?

Regards

Andy

example flow set-up for custom property in_flow

Include profiles completed a flow. Include profiles never been in a flow

Badge +2

Thanks so much Andy, that's a huge help :)

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

No problem @BrookeOH Pleased I could help!

Regards

Andy