Solved

Figma and Klaviyo ...yay or nay?

• 4 March 2024
  • 5 replies

Badge +7

Hi there! 

So my team is interested in using Figma but there are some questions we have.

Has anyone (OR is anyone) used/using Figma to design campaigns and flows and then export it or upload designs to Klaviyo? (however its done)

I need help with:
1. Understanding how to get designs from Figma onto Klaviyo (which is most efficient and best way)
2. How would dynamic codes work when working on flows with Figma?

icon

Best answer by StefanUE 4 March 2024, 15:52

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@jocelyn8 hey there, that’s a really interesting question!

To my knowledge, there’s no integration between Figma and Klaviyo so sadly it’s not possible to actually export<>import anything directly between the two platforms.

The two use cases I’ve come across so far would be:

• to use Figma like you’d use Photoshop or Canva, create your email template as an image, then slice that image template up and upload it to Klaviyo for an image-based template (which isn’t great for deliverability, but does wonders to prevent dark mode issues and Outlook rendering issues).
  • to use Figma as a way to intelligently collaborate with your team on emerging designs and comment directly on graphics or parts of graphics you have feedback for, then use the finalized version of these designs as a gudeline for actual email creation within Klaviyo (using Klaviyo blocks and the drag and drop editor).

Hope this helps answer your question!

Happy to chat further!

Userlevel 7
Badge +58

Adding to @StefanUE excellent answer here, if you are using any dynamic codes, you would do that directly in Klaviyo’s template editor with a Text Block so that the dynamic code can render the code properly.  You can see more about that here (for Shopify here):

Badge +1

What @StefanUE said is how we use Figma with Klaviyo!

Userlevel 5
Badge +21

Great answer here from @StefanUE - the second bullet point is also how we use Figma. Our designer creates the email template in there, we collaborate internally and with our clients on the template built out and load the templates using Klaviyo’s blocks. 

In the designs we also build both Desktop & Mobile versions of each email so the implementation team is clear on how the final design should look inside Klaviyo. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Wow, what a great discussion to see in the community!

One more thing I’d add to help your team @jocelyn8 - Figma’s a great place to start design creation for elements where you want to ensure dark mode does not change any of the color formatting.

You might find there are a few email sections (my team calls them building blocks) that you’ll want to reuse consistently across a variety of emails for flows and/ or campaigns. One example is a pre-footer section that might give a quick reminder of your brand ethos. 

This could be initially created as a design in Figma, then exported as an image file. Then you could save that email section as a “universal content” block in Klaviyo. That becomes a templated building block you can use as many times as you need across any email. Helping your team get faster and more efficient, while also ensuring you get good use out of existing assets!

Warmly,

Gabrielle