Solved

Filtering out people from one flow that are in another

• 17 April 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

I’m creating two flows: Flow A for people who order product A and Flow B for people who order product B. I would like to prevent people who order both product A and B from entering both flows. I believe this should be possible using the flow filter ‘Received email where flow equals X zero times over all time’.

At the moment, neither flow A nor flow B are showing up as options when I try to enter their names in the box shown above. Currently both flows are set to draft and no emails have been sent from either flow. Will they only show up once at least one email has been sent? Or is there another way to set this filter up in advance of making the flows go live? 

icon

Best answer by Omar 17 April 2023, 12:04

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

Hi @kfodor,

Is there a possibility that someone buys both products at the same time?
Flow filters and triggers are your best friend here.

In such a case I would create the flow and have it start on a placed order event with the trigger being the product they bought so only people who placed an order for that product enter the flow.

You can have a negative filter to exclude the other product.

For the trigger filter you can use either type List or Text.

You could potentially use 1 flow and split it out as well using trigger splits in the flow.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO

Badge +3

Hi @Omar 

I’ve considered doing it as one flow using a trigger split - this would work to split out people who order both products simultaneously. However, there is also the case that someone first orders product A, then later orders product B. I don’t want them to receive emails from both flows - so I would like to exclude anyone who has ever ordered product A from entering flow B and vice versa. 

Perhaps it is possible with the flow filter ‘placed order zero times over all time where Item equals X’? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +44

You could also add a tag to someone's profile

Received Product A & Received product B and filter on that custom profile property

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner

We help with e-commerce growth through CRO, Klaviyo and CVO