Solved

Flow filter failed but no conversion - howcome?

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hello Klaviyo Community,

I set up an abandoned cart sequence and I can see people moving through the flow.

I’ve also included a flow filter: Has placed order zero times since starting this flow.

When I go into the recipient activity, I can see that on all e-mails there are a number of e-mail’s that are skipped and the reason being, “Has placed order zero times since starting this flow.” 

I’ve read both of these help articles before publishing here: 

1.  https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/1260805003210-Understanding-the-skipped-reason-for-a-flow-message
  2. https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002779051

The way I understand it is that the people it’s skipped have placed an order. Whether that be from e-mail 1, 2 or 3 in my sequence. 

However, the conversions on the flow are at zero. 

Could the community potentially help me understand this a bit better as I think I have it wrong? 

Any guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Warm regards,

Rox

icon

Best answer by Spark Bridge Digital LLC 8 March 2023, 14:05

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +30

Hey @smileyrox!

I’d recommend reviewing the profiles of the contacts that were skipped and then seeing what was the last email they interacted with. Depending on your attribution settings on the backend of Klaviyo, it is normally set to apply conversion attribution to emails Opened or Clicked in the last five days. 

When you see those skipped contacts, they may have last opened or clicked a campaign email or a completely different email in another flow - and that is getting the conversion credit. I’d cross-check those few contacts that were skipped to see where their attribution landed. If those skipped contacts never interacted with these Abandoned Cart emails, it wouldn’t get the conversion credit.

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Thanks so much @Spark Bridge Digital LLC - appreciate you taking the time to write to me. 

I checked the profiles and it looks like there was no delay from when they started checkout to when they placed the order, so the abandoned cart sequence had no time to send. I think I understand the “skipped” attribution a bit better now. 

Appreciate your guidance!