Skip to main content
Solved

Flow Question

• 21 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi, I have a segment setup that is a list of new users that have not subscribed to my service yet. From this segment I built a flow that after 2 days (2 day delay) of signing up it will email that user a promo code for x% off. However, if that user has subscribed at anytime they are removed from that segment. But I’m wondering, would they also be removed from that flow after they have started the flow? I wouldn't want them to receive the promo code after a 2 day delay, if say after 1 day they subscribed… 

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +26

Hello @kennedyw  After the 2 days delay. You can use the conditional split check to see if they are still not subscribed and then send the related content.

Userlevel 5
Badge +25

Hey @kennedyw 

When you say “a list of new users that have not subscribed to my service yet” - do you mean subscribe to your email marketing? if yes, You dont need a conditional split to check because if the person no longer qualifies for the segment and thus removed from the segment, they would actually be removed from the flow as well. 

Keep in mind that Klaviyo checks to ensure that each potential recipient is still part of the segment at send time. This means that if a contact is going through the flow but no longer qualifies and is removed, you may still see them as “waiting” in a part of the flow until their scheduled send time; at which point the contact will be skipped prior to the email sending. 

The How a Segment-Triggered Flow Works section in the Guide to Creating a Segment-Triggered Flow Help Center article actually addresses this scenario pretty well! 

Thanks for being a part of the Klaviyo Community!

I hope this helps

Thanks,
Arpit