Solved

Flow questions

• 5 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Once a person enters a flow can you remove them so they dont get any more  emails that come in that flow or are they going to get them anyway? 

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 6 January 2024, 03:38

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @bhumphr6 ,

Welcome to the Community! 

Yes, it would be possible to make a user exit a flow before receiving the next message. It just depends under what criteria you would want to exclude a user from receiving the next message.

To accomplish this, you would utilize a conditional split. Like the below:

Conditional Splits can be configured based on the following variables:

• What someone has done (or not done)
  • Properties about someone
  • If someone is in or not in a list
  • Random sample

Depending on your use case, you can configure the appropriate criteria that would qualify or disqualify someone from receiving the next email. 

Adding the next email under the “Yes” path in the above example will mean that anyone who meets the criteria set in the conditional split will receive the message. And anyone who does not meet the criteria will go down the “No” path and be exited from the flow. 

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hey @bhumphr6 ,

Can you talk a bit more about the use case here? What specific flows are you trying to set this up with?

You can also look at various flow filters. I typically use flow filters that will exclude people from continuing on in the flow if they made a purchase since entering the flow (welcome, abandoned cart, browse abandonment…).

Let me know!