Solved

Flow Questions

• 23 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Is there a way to trigger a flow when I create/send an invoice from within Shopify?

icon

Best answer by jetapebi 27 February 2024, 22:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @Stans 

Welcome to the Klaviyo Community!

Can you share a little more information on what you are trying to accomplish? What kind of flow are you trying to create? Are you wanting to use data from the invoice in the flow messaging? With more information we can try to figure this out together!

Badge +1

Greetings, @stephen.trumble 

Thank you for the response! I figured a little bit of a workaround for now but would certainly like to see if there is a way to streamline it. Here’s what I’m trying to accomplish: whenever I send an invoice for a certain product from Shopify, it triggers a flow that sends out reminders every so often to the customer. Basically, reminders to pay the invoice until they pay. I don’t necessarily need any data from the invoice as far as I can tell. But perhaps I haven’t thought that part through enough.

Yes, it's possible to trigger a Klaviyo flow when you create or send an invoice in Shopify. To do this, you'll need to set up a "Shopify Webhook" trigger in Klaviyo. You can find instructions for setting up a Shopify Webhook trigger on Klaviyo's help center. Once the trigger is set up, you can create a flow that's triggered when a Shopify Webhook event is fired. In this case, you'd select the "Invoice created" or "Invoice paid" events

Badge +1

Much appreciated @jetapebi 

Once I set up the Webhook action from the Invoice Created trigger, is it then possible to send an email (after a time delay) that includes the link to the customer’s invoice?