Solved

Flow sending double at each communication stage

• 1 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Active Contributor IV
  • 26 replies

I activated an abandoned cart flow and added a filter to restrict people who has been in the flow in the last 16 days - thinking that this would stop people from being in the flow multiple times at once.

Checking the activity log this morning it appears that many if not all of our customers received each communication twice, sometimes getting both halves of an A/B test at the same time! And things without A/B tests (SMS) also double sent.

Flow filters

The fact that it is not double sending to everyone, but to MOST of them seems even more confusing to me as I cannot see any setting or logic to how/why these send activities are doubling!

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 2 May 2023, 15:06

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @dgibbs 

Welcome back to the community! Thank you for reaching out for help with your abandoned cart flow sending.

The first thing that I noticed is that in your trigger setup is that your first condition will prevent anyone who has ever made a purchase from receiving your abandoned cart email. I would update this to be Placed Order zero times since starting this flow. Next, you have the second condition as an “OR”  meaning that people need to meet either condition but not both. I would change it to say “AND” has not been in this flow in the last 16 days.  Lastly, do you have Smart Sending turned on? This would prevent duplicate messages from being sent if they record multiple abandon carts or multiple started check outs. If this continues after you make these changes please reach back out as this could be a bug. 

Thanks again for being an active contributor in the community!

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thank you

I set the flow filters hoping to exclude anyone who Either made any purchase OR were in the flow in the last 16 days - I realized that the way the filter was set up it was as an inclusion rather than an exclusion - so it was letting anyone in as long as they fit either one of the reasons I was trying to exclude people - it all makes sense just felt less intuitive for an exclusion (I don’t want to exclude only past purchasers who ALSO have been in the flow (an AND statement), I wanted to exclude both criteria so I used an OR, unfortunately that had the inverse effect)

So I fixed it to have the flow filter only exclude people who entered in the last 16 days and added a conditional split before the first email that exited anyone who has made a purchase.

I also switched on smart sending (for now) although this flow is planned to be top priority regardless of the other emails customer may or may not have recently received - So we will probably switch that back off as new flows are built out.

Thank you again.