Solved

Flow to Suppression Segment - Can't configure boolean profile property

• 18 January 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge

Hi there,

I have created a sunset flow for unengaged users on our Klaviyo. If they haven’t engaged with an email, ordered a product or visited our site they go into a segment and then into this Goodbye Flow.

At the end of the flow, I am following the Klaviyo recommendations of updating their profile property:

We then want to create a segment we can clean every now and then with everyone with this new property attached to them. However, when I go to create the definition of this segment, I can’t find the ‘Suppress’ property we have created:

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks, Sid

icon

Best answer by JessFosnough 18 January 2024, 13:46

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Hi @SidHiscox,

I’m not 100% sure about this, but if the only place the profile property is created is in the flow, and no one has been through the flow yet, then technically the property hasn’t been “created” yet - it will be “created” the first time someone moves through the flow.
To test your segment, I would add the profile property manually to one of your internal emails. You can then delete it from that profile, and the property itself will still exist.

Hope this helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

Hi @SidHiscox 

To add to @JessFosnough response.

What looks strange from your screengrab is that you have no vertical scrollbar in the dimension dialog box. That always appears as there are so many standard Klaviyo Properties. Did you try searching for suppress? Or try using another browser? Weird that the scroll is missing unless it’s your screengrab method...

Other than that, your image shows 13 contacts have passed down the YES branch to the update profile property step. I’d start reviewing those 13 contacts. Are they showing under the completed tab in the Update profile property activity or have they been skipped for some reason (though I can’t think why that would happen)? When you review their profiles, has the ‘suppress’ property been set?

Regards

Andy

Badge

Hi Andy and Jess,

Thanks for your help. I think Jess might be right that no one has fully passed through the flow yet (I had tinkered with it after we had made a mistake). First person should be in a few days so will see if I can then create the Suppress segment.

Many thanks, Sid