Solved

Flow Trigger/Conditional Split - If Someone is In a Segment

• 17 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

This seems like something that should be so obvious and already added, but why is there no Trigger or Conditional Split parameter to see if someone is in a particular segment. This can be done through API, but would really like to have this as a feature in the future.

icon

Best answer by stephen.trumble 19 May 2023, 17:57

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @jmacman 

Can you share a little more information on what you are hoping to achieve? You can trigger a flow based on a segment but assuming you already know that. What would your use case be for this? I will also share your feedback with our product team for future evaluation but would like to be able to share what it is exactly that you are looking for the product to achieve.

I’ll be on the lookout for your response!

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Ok good question. I should have elaborated enough….I have a form on the site where a user signs up, but I only want to sign them up if they are new to my brand and don’t have a profile. So there are two issues:

1. You can’t sign people up to a Segment
  2. If they fill out the form and signup to the mailing list, there is no filter to only allow users who do not have a profile to continue with the flow.

So I’m caught in between Mailing List to start a Flow from a Form and filtering only the users that do not have a profile.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @jmacman 

Thanks for clarifying what your needs are. I have some additional information that might help.

Within your signup form you can adjust the Targeting Behavior , to not show up for customers who are already in a list or segment or those who already have a Klaviyo profile.

This will keep existing customer profiles from signing up again. 

Also, depending on the type of flow you are creating there are some important things to remember. If you are creating a list triggered flow (like a welcome series flow) a customers profile can only move through the flow once. Even if they sign-up again, their profile will only be allow to enter the flow the first time. Once they exit the flow they will now be allow back in. 

Metric triggered flows (like abandoned cart flows) will allow customers to move through the flow each time the metric is recorded. However, there are ways to filter customers from entering the flow based properties about the customer, actions they’ve taken and time frames like “has not been in this flow in X days”. So there are a number of ways that you can make sure you are targeting exactly who you want. 

Hope this helps!