Solved

Flow triggered by Shopify coupon code?

• 23 January 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

We recently started a deal for “new customers” on Shopify . . . a coupon discount for customers who have never placed an order. 

I’d like to have a special email welcome for them. 

But I don’t see a condition here in Klaviyo that’s based on them using that coupon (the only way I can think to identify them.)

How might I go about setting up a flow like this?

icon

Best answer by In the Inbox 23 January 2023, 15:15

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @matt.steinruck 

Thanks for posting your question in the community. 

The way I would recommend approaching this is based on the Placed Order Shopify event. Ultimately, if a new customer uses the coupon code, the Placed Order event will pass the discount code used in the order details. 

You can either use a flow filter to only allow users who used your coupon code to enter the flow or add a conditional split in the flow to filter users who’s recent order contained the coupon code.

If you’re planning to use a dynamic coupon code that’s unique to each user, consider adding a prefix to it. Then, in the flow filter or the conditional split, you’ll be able to set up your logic based on a “contains YOUR PREFIX.”

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions.

@In the Inbox 

Badge +3

Ahhh! I think I’m finding what you’re talking about here. 

Would it look like this below? 

(I’ve never done it like this, and it’s so great to actually see the specific coupon code from Shopify in this drop-down list in the Triggers section.

My next confusion, then, is that… while THIS coupon appeared here…. another specific code is NOT appearing, and I’d like to make another specific trigger for that one, too. Wondering why a code might not be showing up??)

Userlevel 6
Badge +29

Hi @matt.steinruck 

Yes, that’s right! Though, if the code CMFNEWBIE is static (vs. dynamic/unique) you could set the logic to Discount Codes equal CMFNEWBIE, but the way you have it should also work fine.

In terms of the other coupon code not appearing in Klaviyo, this is because Klaviyo hasn’t received any data with the code previously. But, that doesn’t mean you can’t set up the flow with a new code. Rather than select a code that populates, you can simply type in the new code and once the flow is live and Klaviyo is receiving data with that code, the flow should work fine (though, I would test it to be sure!)

Glad to see this is coming together! Let me know if you have any additional questions.

@In the Inbox 

Badge +3

Wonderful! Thank you very much. Really appreciate it.