Flow triggers - Issue & Solution (Ideas)

• 12 July 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi all,

I'd like to address an issue we're currently experiencing with one of our accounts and propose a great solution. Unfortunately, the current capabilities of Klaviyo do not support this feature yet, but we hope they will implement it in the future.

Issue:

At the moment, date triggers in flows are only available for profile properties, such as birthdates, and not for nested date variables in event triggers, such as the event date of a purchased ticket.

This limitation prevents sending reminder emails or SMS notifications for products/services scheduled for today, tomorrow, or X days from now.

Another drawback of using date triggers based on profile properties is that the most recent product/service purchase replaces the old value. So, if I buy a ticket today and another one tomorrow, my date property will only reflect the most recent purchase.

Solution:
The date trigger flows already have this fantastic functionality, but it is currently limited to profile properties. Extending this functionality to include ANY date properties would greatly enhance brands' creative options.

If you work at Klaviyo, please consider extending/improving this functionality.

Please do not reply with standard messages such as “if you are using one of our event integration platform such as Eventbrite...”.

Thank you all.

Alex

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @multimerce 

Thank you so much for bringing this to the community’s attention.

You make an excellent point. There are many customers who have been challenged with date-triggered flows and your solution is very thoughtful. I am sending your feedback to our product team for evaluation and possible future implementation. Thank you for helping to make Klaviyo a better and more user-friendly tool. Its contributions like yours that help make Klaviyo better everyday.

Thanks again for shedding light on this challenge and providing a solution!