Solved

Flow which sends email to New buyer & buyers whose last purchase was 6months+ ago

• 7 March 2022
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

Hey guys,

I’m creating a flow which sends an information email to new customers as well as customers who have bought in the past, but only if they haven’t bought from us in the last 180 days.

This is the flow I’ve created.

I was wondering if the 2nd conditional split would work, as I’m unsure if the purchase at the start of the flow is included in the previous 180 days. As technically the customer has made a purchase within that timeframe.

Would it be better to change it to “1 order in the last 180 days”, as that is what the initial trigger has (1 order).

Feel like I’m being a bit of an idiot here, but just wanted to double check 😅.

Cheers in advance​​​​​

icon

Best answer by David To 8 March 2022, 16:24

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hey @ArchieCourt,

Not being an idiot! It’s a great question!

Trust your gut on this one! With the existing conditional split you have now of “Placed Order zero times in the last 180 days”, this would take into account the event that triggered the user into the flow! This means that users who place an order who is not a first time purchaser, would always be navigated down the NO path for the second conditional split. 

With that in mind, I don’t believe updating the split to be “Placed order at least once in the last 180 days” would work towards your goal either. This would cause all users who reach this split to be evaluated down the YES path. The bottleneck would still remain where your flow is triggered by a Placed Order event that would be evaluated by the conditional split as well. 

Instead, I believe replacing that conditional slit with a “Placed Order is at least 2 in the last 180 days” would work better. This would allow the triggering placed order event to be accounted for an only if the user a subsequent order in the last 180 days would be brought down the YES path, if not, they would be taken down the NO path and receive an email. 

Another thing that you may want to consider is separating this flow experience out as two flows. The second conditional split seems to be attempting to achieve a winback sequence based on non-purchasers in the last 180 days. This would be best achieved through it’s own dedicated flow rather than nested in one. 

I hope this helps!

David

Badge +2

@David To Thanks a bunch for the answer! This has really helped me out here. Thanks.