Solved

Flows for first 100 customers

• 29 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

I would like to create a flow that is triggered by Facebook Ads, but only for the first 100 customers who click on the ad and sign up to our newsletter.

I would like to create a second flow that is triggered by the same Facebook ads, but only for the 101st customer onwards.

Is there a way to do this? Much appreciated! :)

icon

Best answer by Omar 4 October 2022, 10:37

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +18

@JocelynkP someone might have a better answer, but I am not sure you can do this. What I would do is just wait for that 100 - send an email - and then trigger the flow for everyone else that gets added in. I know not the answer you are looking for but hopefully it is somewhat manageable.

Userlevel 7
Badge +60

Hi @JocelynkP

@chelsgrove is right here, there isn’t a simple way to do this at the moment! Do you mind sharing your goal/purpose behind splitting up the contacts? It will help us narrow down what workaround to use her, either the process mentioned above or something else.

Thanks for participating in the Community!

-Taylor

Badge +1

Hi @Taylor Tarpley !  Thanks for your response.

We are doing a Meta ad, and the first 100 people to respond, are added to our newsletter subscription list, and receive a gift.  The 101st person to respond and onwards, are on a waiting list for this gift, but are also added to this newsletter subscription list.

The first 100 would need a specific email;

Then the 101st onward would ideally be triggered into another email.

Hope this helps Taylor, any suggestions let me know, otherwise it sounds like I’d be manually watching the profiles grow within one list, until it gets to 100, then de-activate the flow, right?

Thanks again Taylor,

-Jocelyn

Userlevel 7
Badge +43

Hi @JocelynkP I've been thinking about your question and had a couple of thoughts here.

First - if it's only lead ads coming in - then after the first 100 signups won't the ad be changed? For how long would you run the ad? I can imagine that after the first 100 signups the ad is less relevant or becomes inaccurate? 

Now as to solving this issue, you could use Zapier to connect fb lead ads and klaviyo and have a counter (using storage) that auto increments a number and add this as a metric or profile property. Then use the trigger or conditional split to filter based on this property. More info on adding a counter https://help.zapier.com/hc/en-us/articles/8496197365389. Probably doing this manually, just stopping the ad of flow whenever you reach that limit could be an easier solution

Anyway, I hope this helps.

Omar Lovert // Polaris Growth // Klaviyo Master Platinum Partner