Skip to main content
Solved

Flows trigger an internal notification only once for each email/user

• 13 May 2024
  • 3 replies

Hi Klaviyo Team, 

I hope you’re well, 

We have an issue on Contact us flows which we have never be warned on. That flows are allowing to trigger only once per user/email an internal notification : we are therefore not able to know when a person is trying to contact us the second time …. Did you plan to solve this major issue soon ? 

Contact us product flow 

Thanks a lot, 

Marion 

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

@Marion.Lau 

I was thinking of a workaround for you and I came across two new API events for forms that started appearing from 11th May in a Shopify account I manage. See below.

After chatting to Klaviyo support, they initially thought I’d created them (I hadn’t!) but digging deeper it’s a recent rollout. From that chat on these new events:

• Submitted Form Event - Customer clicked a button that had a submit action tied to it (e.g. submit and go to next step, submit opt in code, submit form and go to URL would track, just go to URL or Close Form would not) and we’ll submit one event per session per form for only identified users  
  • Completed Form Event - Customer reached success step or they reached the final reachable step (to account for customers who have subscribe via sms as their second to last step, since you’d never reach the final step in that case (subscribe via sms closes the form))

So I reckon you will be able to create your flow as metric-triggered from the Submitted Form Event and form ID. That means you can get your notification each time a user submits, even if they submit multiple times. However, looks like those events are fired once per session, but I think for your use-case that would work? After their first submission, they will be waiting for a response?

Hope that helps

Andy

Userlevel 7
Badge +41

Forgot to say, I queried if this metric would move to a Klaviyo metric at some point rather than an API metric for better clarity. Inconclusive, but likely.

Regards

Andy 

Badge

Hi @bluesnapper

Thanks for your help on this topic but we do not have implemented Klaviyo Forms on our website so the workaround you are exposing will definitely not work for us ! 

I do not understand how it can be possible that we are setting up flows and the default behavior is to not trigger the notification twice it should be the opposite ??

It do not seems that I am the only one to complain about it ….

Thanks, 

I wish you a nice day,

Marion