Solved

Geo targeted dynamic content block in campaigns

• 13 October 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

We'd like to set up dynamic banners into our weekly campaigns and are trying to find a work around not being able to use segments into the Klavyio dynamic blocks

Basically we want to show store specific banners into our weekly campaigns, for example a Vancouver store banner just to those leaving around Vancouver, a Toronto store Banner only to those leaving around Toronto etc...segment' == 'xxxxxx'

We're looking for what else we can do / use

the problem is replicating into that small block criterias of a segment are too complicated and too long:

person|lookup:’City’ == 'vancouver' and person|lookup:'City' == 'north vancouver' and person|lookup:'City' == 'west vancouver' and person|lookup:'City' == 'langley' and person|lookup:'City' == ‘Vancouver’ and person|lookup:'City' == 'belcarra' and person|lookup:'City' == 'delta' and person|lookup:'City' == 'richmond' and person|lookup:'City' == 'surrey' and person|lookup:'City' == 'burnaby'

we would need to add hundred of cities and also the name of the cities can be written down and dozen  of different ways which makes it almost impossible to write

So we're thinking of creating an automation to assign a custom property to every new sub that leaves near a store and end up having something like this in the dynamic block:

person|lookup:’Store’ == ‘Van’

person|lookup:’Store’ == ’Tor

person|lookup:’Store’ == ‘Cal’

Has anyone ever set up something similar to this

icon

Best answer by Dov 26 October 2022, 15:50

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @sophieduer,

Thanks for sharing this with our community.

One strategy is to create a “proximity” segment like the following:

Depending on your definition of “near” a certain city, you can expand or contract the distance portion of the definition (in kilometers or miles). You would include a “centralized” postal or zip code here (the postal code of a place in the city).

Then, you could add this segment criteria to the audience your currently sending to i.e. if your intended audience for the campaign is a group of Vancouver purchasers in the last 10 days, the segment you’d create would be: what somebody has done > placed order > at least once > in the last 10 days AND someone’s proximity to a location > is within > 10 kilometers of X Postal Code in Canada.

You can “plug” in this proximity segment definition into your intended audience. From there, you’d recreate a segment for each city (based on proximity to a postal or zip code), then use the different city banners in your campaign sends to those individual segments.

I hope that’s helpful.

Badge +2

Hi Dov,

Thanks for taking the time to reply, but I’m trying to avoid duplicating a dozen time the same email just to have a specific banner for each store that seem quite un productive as well has make reporting a nightmare having to add up all the numbers from different send that actually are the same campaign, so that’s really not what i’m trying to di here but rather use  the dynamic block as in this article:

https://help.klaviyo.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005258208-How-to-show-or-hide-template-blocks-based-on-dynamic-variables-classic-editor-#signupdownvote

it just seem insane to me that Klavyio does not have a way to add dynamic banners into a campaign, this so basic…

I’ve tried used person|lookup:’Store’ == ‘Cal’ into the dynamic content bloc setting, after adding that custom property to everyone in these proximity segments I already had

Userlevel 7
Badge +61

Hi @sophieduer,

Thanks for your follow-up message.

That’s perfectly understandable. To take this a step further, you can use the aforementioned proximity segments to trigger separate flows (one for each “general” location i.e. within X kilometers of postal code Y) which in turn will assign a custom property to the user i.e. if within 100km of postal code Y then store = X.

You’ll want to include an update profile property block at the end of each flow to assign the user’s store based on the location. Then create multiple banner blocks (using hide/show for profile properties) in your single email - one for each store using these newly assigned properties.

I hope that’s helpful.