Solved

Hasn't been in flow in the last X days

• 29 June 2023
  • 1 reply

Badge +3

What is best practice when using the ‘Hasn't been in flow in the last X days’ filter in abandoned basket and abandoned browse flows? What’s the best time period to use? I have my basket set to 24 hours and the browse set to 10 days.

icon

Best answer by Ashley I. 29 June 2023, 16:01

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 6
Badge +34

Hi @AnnaE ,

Welcome to the Community! 

This is a great question, and the answer will vary based on the use case. I generally like to add a 7 day buffer (at a minimum) for abandoned cart flows for most brands, and at least 14 days for browse abandonment flows. However, if you generally see that customers are making frequent (more than once per month) purchases, you may want to reduce the timeframe for abandoned carts based on that customer behavior. 

On the other hand, if you have customers who only purchase a few times a year, or have a product that is not replenishable and perhaps won’t be repurchased ever, then I feel it’s okay to exclude the ‘Hasn't been in flow in the last X days’ filter. 

The purpose of this filter is not to annoy recipients by being added to the same flow multiple times in short succession. So my best recommendation would be to take a look at your customer and user data to determine what a ‘normal’ purchase and browse frequency looks like for your brand, and adjust these triggers accordingly. 

You can also check out this article to learn more about flow filters & triggers. 

Hope this helps!

-- Ashley Ismailovski